my drive

my drive

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Solo Trip


The large blue and silver train rolled up to a perfectly practiced stop. As my grandparents helped me board, I could tell they were concealing sadness and being overly worried. A week of bright mornings with them in their safe, cozy home had come to an end and the fall quarter of school and life surfaced. Quickly I grew accustomed to the loud horn and frequent stops of the seemingly fairy-tale like train. When I nestled down into my seat with my heaven-sent iPod, I realized something very profound. This was my first of many cross-state trips back to my new home. Looking out the window, orchards, ghettos, inner city businesses, and vast empty fields passed me by as I passed them. This represented the time in my life that infinitively changed me forever. Independence whipped through my hair and around my face; I smiled often as I rode the 10 hour trip south by myself. No strings attached, I had a schedule to my destination that could be broken at a drop of a whim, and I would have another adventure starting with $30.00 to my name. I truly believe everyone needs a solo trip like mine: to unwind, recharge, and re-evaluate the true stature of the life being lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment